Location: Hangzhou, China
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours: Part Time
Contract Type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Zhejiang A&F University is located at the West Hangzhou Sci-tech Innovation Corridor. We are a key university in Zhejiang Province, and a university jointly built by the People’s Government of Zhejiang Province and the National Forestry and Grassland Administration (NFGA).With an over 60-year of history, ZAFU has well developed into a multi-disciplinary university featuring agriculture, forestry, biology and environment disciplines. At present, ZAFU has 5 key disciplines of NFGA and 4 top 1% disciplines in the field of ESI disciplines in the world.There are more than 2,100 faculty/staff members, including 700 professors with senior titles. There are 16 full-time academicians and national high-level talents, and 144 provincial high-level talents.
Founded in 1958, the Specialty of Forestry program, which listed among key majors in Zhejiang Province in 2002 and national specialties with characteristics in 2008, has a national pilot project forreform in programs for nurturing top innovative talents in agriculture and forestry. In 2014, the Specialty started to cooperate with University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada in an undergraduate program. Constructing with the backup from such platforms as the State Key Laboratory of Subtropical Silviculture, the National Pilot Center for Experimental Teaching in Forestry, and theNational Base for Undergraduates' field Practice in the Tianmu Mountain, and a Provincially Top Discipline -- Forestry (Category A), the Specialty introduces elite educational resources from UBC such as advanced conception of education, rich teaching resources, a scientific curricular system and teaching contents, innovated teaching methods, standard modes for teaching administration, and a quality-based evaluation system. It aims at nurturing top innovative talents with an idea of forestry modernization and an international vision and those who are willing to continue studing abroad .
To further promote internationalization of Forestry (Sino-Canadian Cooperation Program) in ZAFU, we have open positionsfor teachers with insight and experience in undergraduate courses (Biology, Botany, Biochemistry, Cytobiology, Conservation Biology, Genetics, Meteorology, Pedology, Ecology, Plant Physiology, Forest Measuration, Geomatics, Forest Management) teaching. Successful candidates will have to sign the contract for at least one semester.
Minimum Required Qualifications for the candidates
1) English speaker;
2) Have a master degree or above;
3) Lecturer or above;
4) Have at least two years’ experience in teaching related specialty course at the college/university level;
5) Teaching format is online.
1) Ph.D degree or associate professor or above;
2) Experience in supervising and mentoring undergraduate students;
3) Cross-cultural experience.
1) Strictly abide by the requirements of theUniversity, and must not involve relevant political, religious and other topics during teaching;
2) Enthusiastic, sincere, interesting in class, can drive students to better complete classroom teaching;
3) Complete the assigned syllabus content andteaching tasks on time;
4) Developing curriculum, assessment and materials;
5) Complete course exams and teaching evaluation for students.
For further enquiries, please email@example.com.